Auckland is already the economic powerhouse of New Zealand - however, there is still a lot of untapped potential in the region. There are significant opportunities to leverage our advantageous business, tourism and events landscape.
Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development (ATEED) – formed in November 2010 – is an Auckland Council controlled organisation. ATEED aims to improve New Zealand’s economic prosperity by leading the successful transformation of Auckland’s economy.
The ATEED business plan is based around five major strategies:
- Auckland’s Visitor Plan 2011-21
- Auckland’s Major Events Strategy 2011-21
- Auckland’s Innovation Plan (in development)
- Auckland’s Sectors Plan (in development)
- Auckland’s Foreign Direct Investment Strategy
ATEED publications provide greater detail of the organisation’s planning and activities, including the Visitor Plan, Major Events Strategy, and FDI Strategy documents.